Our Inspectors are highly trained, QBSA licensed and fully insured to conduct your Timber Pest Inspection to AS 3660.
The Pest Inspection
The Timber Pest Inspection is a careful and thorough inspection of the property with a focus upon identifying and reporting on evidence of Timber Pest Activity, Conditions Conducive to Timber Pests, Evidence of Pest Management Systems, and Risk Management Options.
We conduct an examination of timber and other accessible materials or areas susceptible to attack by timber pests including:
- Structural timbers in the load bearing framework of the building including bearers, joists and rafters.
- Joinery including finishes to the building such as moulding, architraves, skirtings, doors, windows and cupboards.
- Wood and wood products in outdoor areas such as landscaping timbers, fences, logs, pool surrounds, garden boxes and tubs, firewood, paving blocks, sleepers, tree stumps and trees.
- Surface work to foundation soils, walls and services.
- Any other visible susceptible timber materials such as bridges, pergolas, stored items containing cellulose, builder’s debris & formwork.
We Perform Tests (where appropriate) including:
- Sounding – using a tapper to identify timber elements which sound hollow.
- Probing – using a probe to identify timber made soft by decay, termites, delignification or borers.
- Electronic Moisture Detecting Meter – used to identify excessive moisture created by termites or conversely, creating a condition conducive to timber pests
Timber Pests specifically addressed are:
- Fungal decay
- Wood borers
- Chemical delignification